Friday, February 15, 2008

An Email from Belinda

[snipped from original email]
I made it here finally. I'm sorry I havent called yet, all the phones are down. We are all pretty choked about that, but what can ya do? Tomorrow, I go out to my PSS. I don't know if I will have phone or internet there, but I will send you letters anyways ok. They might take a while to get there, I will be in touch with you however I can though.
So our 16 hour trip turned into 24. Longest trip of my life. We went from Edmonton to Goose bay, (worse airport ever!) to Germany, which was awesome although I only saw the airport, to CAmp ****** (IT WAS SO HOT THERE!) to Afghanistan. The first time I got any sleep since I seen you last was last night. We are a day ahead of you guys. The time change is hard to get used to for sure. I'm dead tired, but got good sleep last night. It's so cool here!! IT's really pretty beleive it or not, even though it's a desert.
*** , where I am right now, has lots of trees, it does get really dusty, feels a bit like Wainright. The day times are soooo hot, I already have a tan!!! IT makes you lethargic, I drink a couple litres of water a day for sure, you just can't quench your thirst here. But the nights are sooo cold. Only like -6, but after how it is in the day, it feels way worse.
It is good because it gives us a chance to climatize. So like I said, I leave tomorrow, there will be a letter in the mail for you. There isn't much else to report on, and sorry I couldnt send a letter seperatly, we have limited time on the computers so I am typing really fast, so excuse the poor grammar and spelling mistakes haha. Anyway, I will talk to you guys when I can, I am off tomorrow so wish me luck!!! I'm really excited!!!!! I love you all so much, miss you and see you! Kiss the 'poo' dogs for me please! Lots of love, Belinda

Oh and the mess food here is really good, weird eh? Love you!!!! :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nins
I am glad to see you made it there and had a safe flight, I bet it must have been a long one. Your first package is going to be in the mail soon, hopefully it is there in time for Easter. A buddy of mine I was in the Medak with is in Kandahar right now,Wo Joe Uekelja. He just got there from Shilo and said for you to look him up when you have time. Nothing new has happend since the last time I talked with you, so I will go for now. Have a safe tour and remember the things I told you. I Love you and miss you, I will write again in a couple of days, stay safe Nins, I Love you and am very proud of you for doing what you do. Love Dad xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Good luck Jeep team parter.

Dillon

Anonymous said...

hey, bdubs here. i sent you a letter today with important m.c hammer factoids included within. hope you enjoy it when you get it!

c-bro said...

hey! you just called! haha. good to hear things are going good. mom told me everything thats going on, sound interesting. i talked to adam last night and he told me his friend said the same thing you did, it smells like shit. haha. anyway hope things keep going well. love you and miss you lots.

love c-bro xoxoxoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Hi Nins, glad to see you are there and safe. We think about you everyday and send good thoughts out for you and all the rest there.
We are so proud of you! Whenever I see a vets car or license plate, I think of you! I can't believe we have a granddaughter who is working on becoming a veteran. Good on you!!! Everyone here says hello and sends their love to you. Lots of love, Grandma and Grandpa xoxoxoxox

Anonymous said...

Hi NIns, We read the blog everyday to catch up with you. Grandpa and I posted a box of things to you today. We wish they had something like this all the times your Dad was away on tours. It would have made it a little more bearable for everyone.
We get to read about you and your tour, but nothing can be imagined as we can't experience it like you are doing.
I can well imagine your counterparts checking you out, that must be so funny to catch them doing it. I don't envy the heat you are enduring or the opposing cold at night or the tiring shifts you endeure.
We think of you everyday and as your Mom says we are never far apart with the love that ties us together. You are always in our hearts. We are so proud of you. One of my co-workers has told me to say Thanks to you and your peers for your work there.
Take care and be safe, we are all with you in our thoughts, lots of love Grandma and Grandpa xoxoxoxox

Anonymous said...

HI Nins, it is good to read that you are safe and sound. I am sure your field training had you prepared for the great unwashing that you are experiencing. I know now another bunch of wipes will be in your package from us here. I hope you got the first one we sent.
If you can let your Dad or Mom know what you need we will try to send it out to you.
Everyone here is good. Eric is still playing hockey and on a winning team. Brady is fine and enjoying learning about music.
Grandpa and I are so very proud of you. We miss you a lot.
Remember whatever your Dad has told you about keeping safe, he has been there, done that so he knows.
We hope to see you in the fall, when we come out there.
Take care and be safe, lots of love Grandma and Grandpa xoxoxoxooxoxxooxox